In order to graduate, it is required for students to complete at least 18 hours of community service during their senior year at APW. Completing community service hours does not only allow you to meet the graduation requirement, but also makes you eligible for a wide variety of college scholarships when your senior year comes to a close. Check in with Mr. Algie or Mrs. Coppola regarding opportunities to fulfill this requirement.
You can submit your volunteer hours electronically using the Volunteer Hours Form and your guidance counselor will be able to see all of the volunteer hours you have submitted throughout the year.
Current community service opportunities:
Booster Club is looking for workers at the indoor concession stand (Winter and Spring)
- You must complete 18 hours of Community Service in order to graduate
- The Parish Parks and Recreation Committee is looking for volunteers to help out with an event in Parish on Sunday, December 8th. This will be from 12:00PM - 5:00PM, at the Parish village/town gym. It will be helping to set up, clean up, and showing kids how to make ornaments, also running games. If you are interested please call Shannon Masters on her cell at (315) 447-515
- The Town of Parish is looking for volunteers to help clean up the cemeteries before Memorial Day. Please call (315) 952-2097.
- Mr. Hill will welcome students in his room to complete their community service hours; there’s always cleaning to be done.
- Mr. Poore will also welcome students for help
- United Friends of Homeless Animal’s Thrift Store- contact email firstname.lastname@example.org They are located at 4859 North Jefferson Street, Pulaski across from Community Bank
- Please continue to check your emails for updated opportunities